Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo

V-Ray 3.0 For Rhinoceros

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 fpedrogo

fpedrogo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:37 PM

Hi Matus

I'm glad you like it. We are working hard to create the best V-Ray for Rhino ever. Everything was re-written from the ground up.

#42 mpcsh

mpcsh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:36 PM

So I decided to test it out properly today :) Tried many material types, many new and old (enhanced features) and I am just blown away! It's not a step... but a huge jump forward!

attachicon.gifColor correction 01.JPG

Tried to apply a ground texture...

he matus,

what kind of plants did you use?

#43 Matus

Matus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,654 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:40 AM

he matus,

what kind of plants did you use?

Hi!

The tree trunks were bought online from some other marketplace. But Ferns, grass and dandelions are our own and soon will be published online in our own store, set for Rhino and Vray :)

PS: Ferns already are online: https://flyingarchit.../models/3d-fern

• Grigio18 likes this

mail_logo.png

I am (pick 3 options:)

/ Authorized Rhino Trainer

/ Architectural visualization artist

/ Hardworker

/ Sleeping Enough

#44 martinL

martinL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBratislava / Prague

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:01 AM

Hi everybody,

I just installed Beta and have problem, I can not render, even preview in material editor is not updating, not sure if i missed something during installation. Old verison worked just fine, not sure if there is need to upgrade Dongle, so I did and sent context.wbc file to Chaos, but it could take some time to respond. I am just wondering if there is anybody with same problem. Do you have any tips what I should check for? Thanks for replies.

#45 raj1

raj1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:02 PM

no it's not the dongle, the beta is using online licensing.

you have to get the new v-ray licensing server (4.1 beta) so that the v-ray 3.4 beta will work.  it should be in your account

then you install it, and go to localhost:30304 in your browser. 

the license should be there and you can borrow it for offline licensing for 2 weeks

#46 nicpratt

nicpratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:52 AM

no it's not the dongle, the beta is using online licensing.

you have to get the new v-ray licensing server (4.1 beta) so that the v-ray 3.4 beta will work.  it should be in your account

then you install it, and go to localhost:30304 in your browser. 

the license should be there and you can borrow it for offline licensing for 2 weeks

I'm having a similar issue. Licence server 4.1.0 installed, vray 3.4 beta installed, but cannot render/preview materials. when I test the licence (in the browser) I get the following error:

This site can’t be reached

localhost refused to connect.
Search Google for localhost
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Something is not right, any clues? I feel I've done everything right...

#47 jn3n

jn3n

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGermany BRE

Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:35 PM

I like the new vray for rhino. *45*

@matus which workflow do you use for generating trees and plants? GH + Rhinogrow? Did you tested Rhinolands?

Where can I get nice tree and plant models for rhino?

Thanks!

J N 3 N

#48 raj1

raj1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:07 AM

I'm having a similar issue. Licence server 4.1.0 installed, vray 3.4 beta installed, but cannot render/preview materials. when I test the licence (in the browser) I get the following error:

This site can’t be reached

localhost refused to connect.
Search Google for localhost
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Something is not right, any clues? I feel I've done everything right...

did you start the V-ray service?  It's called VRLService and you should usually have it set to 'automatic' so it will launch when you start your computer.

i'm on windows 7 so you start it by clciking the start button and type 'services.msc' in the search area.  then go down to VRLservice and click 'start the service'. 

where you see 'startup type' i'm sure yours is set to 'manual'.

#49 Helldoor

Helldoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:58 PM

Ahoj!
I just installed the beta, mostly because of the new fur object. As you may guess, I'm planing on using it for grass and occasionaly for carpets. The problem is, that there is no preview, while setting the up options, so that one has to use vrayRT or just render to see the results. That's pretty timewasting and inaccurate, but ok. However, sometimes my fur just disappears and it's just the surface it was supposed to be on gets rendered.

• Have you found a way around or am I doing something wrong?
  • Also, are there any value normals (gravity, taper,...) somewhere to be found (besides Chaos Group Page)?
  • And one last question - can you somehow export the fur or is it just some kind of advanced displacement?

Thanks in advance!

#50 jn3n

jn3n

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGermany BRE

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:28 PM

dear beta testers,

the guess vertical shift button is missing:-( now the corrections have to make by hand. or am I wrong?

J N 3 N

#51 Helldoor

Helldoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:11 AM

dear beta testers,

the guess vertical shift button is missing:-( now the corrections have to make by hand. or am I wrong?

Sadly, you're right. That's a massive step back and I hope they add the function again for the final release. To get around this issue I open my scene on a laptop, where V-Ray 2 is still installed and run the 'guess vertical shift' command there, getting a value for the camera lens shift, which in turn could be used in the V-Ray beta.

#52 jn3n

jn3n

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGermany BRE

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:27 PM

A nice feature would be to drag and drop texture into the slots as the rhino intern mat editor it does... it cost very much time to search than over the vray menu....

@Helldoor we will see;-)  

• christos_g likes this
J N 3 N

#53 nicpratt

nicpratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:54 PM

The vertical shift button is back in the latest nightly build. :) ... Along with material picker

• Grigio18 likes this

#54 Helldoor

Helldoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:09 AM

The vertical shift button is back in the latest nightly build. :) ... Along with material picker

Cool. But where did you download it from?

#55 freskoman

freskoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:42 PM

Hey guys, just downloaded the beta now, but having some trouble to activate my Vray Online License after the installation of the program. My web browser just comes upp with an declined connection to http://localhost:30304/, so I never get that white window thats should say "Enable Online Licensing" :( 

Any tips? Have already checked the firewall and all that.

#56 nicpratt

nicpratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:37 PM

Hey guys, just downloaded the beta now, but having some trouble to activate my Vray Online License after the installation of the program. My web browser just comes upp with an declined connection to http://localhost:30304/, so I never get that white window thats should say "Enable Online Licensing" :(

Any tips? Have already checked the firewall and all that.

Ya, this is a common issue. The only way I've got around it is to first uninstall v4r 2, delete ANY trace of it from your computer (in appdata etc) and then install v4r 3.0. Should work then. Good luck

• freskoman and Grigio18 like this

#57 Phantom410

Phantom410

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:46 PM

Hi guys,

I'm trying vray 3  beta, and i've found two bugs.

1) if i start RT render then i close it, the view in rhino becomes slow, like if  RT window is still open.

2) if i "cross" and object with the camera (for example a wall house) rhino goes in crash and the only thing to do is close it.

My processor is i7 4790k, 32gb ram ddr3 1866, Geforce Gtx 1070.

Anyone had the same problem?

#58 Luis Lobo

Luis Lobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationLausanne, Switzerland.

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:22 AM

I wanted to try VfR 3 in Rhino6 but they told me that they won't release the public beta for R6. I wanted to try it again in R5 but I'm going to wait a little bit more for that. Have fun with the new beta! :)

Luis Lobo

#59 igor434

igor434

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:07 PM

Hello,

I'm having a problem with starting Vray 3 beta on latest Rhino after installation, during first launch. Rhino suddenly crashes and turns off, probably while trying to set up new renderer.

Did anyone have same issue?

#60 Matus

Matus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,654 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:18 PM

Nope, nothing like that... Try to reach ChaosGroup . I only had a problem with SWARM, but Running ti on a single machine worked out smoothly.

mail_logo.png

I am (pick 3 options:)

/ Authorized Rhino Trainer

/ Architectural visualization artist

/ Hardworker

/ Sleeping Enough