Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo

Cathedral Of Freedom / Hommage To Joze Plecnik

Animation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kristijan_Tavcar

Kristijan_Tavcar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:43 AM

Cathedral of Freedom / Plečnik Parliament (Slovene: Plečnikov parlament) is the colloquial name of two designs for a building intended to house the legislature of the People's Republic of Slovenia within the second Yugoslavia. Formally known as the Slovene Acropolis and the Cathedral of Freedom (Slovenska akropola / Katedrala svobode), the two designs were proposed in 1947 by Slovenia's most eminent architect, Jože Plečnik, but were rejected in favour of a more conventional design.

A square, colonnaded false façade would have surrounded the cylindrical main building of two stories, surmounted by a tall, spirally tapering conical cupola. Supported internally by inclined columns, the cupola would have spanned the parliament chamber. The facade would have measured 50 m in length, the tower rising to 120 m. Several slightly varying designs were produced, some including a second colonnade wrapping the second floor of the main building, different porticoes, or an asymmetrical ground floor.

Plečnik Parliament. (2017, January 2). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved
07:48, June 15, 2017

• Grigio18 likes this

#2 Matus

Matus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,655 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:43 PM

This is so amazing! How long did it take to create such animation?

mail_logo.png

I am (pick 3 options:)

/ Authorized Rhino Trainer

/ Architectural visualization artist

/ Hardworker

/ Sleeping Enough

#3 Kristijan_Tavcar

Kristijan_Tavcar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:57 PM

Thanx Matus.

It was a personal project so it took approx. 9 months in my free time, didn't count the hours though.

#4 dwoeltjen

dwoeltjen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:05 PM

Very nice film and a sincere homage to Jose Plecnik.  The news articles on your website were great to see also.  Can you share a little about your process - animation software / post processing?

Thank you.

#5 dwoeltjen

dwoeltjen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:38 PM

Matus, do you know if Bongo is capable of creating the clips used in this video?

Can I still use V-Ray to render with the Bongo Plugin?

Thanks!

#6 Matus

Matus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,655 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:31 AM

Hello, we do not use Bongo at all, for animations we use basic Rhino animation tools - camera movements. Yes, V-Ray works with Bongo. But I am not aware of what Bongo is capable of.

mail_logo.png

I am (pick 3 options:)

/ Authorized Rhino Trainer

/ Architectural visualization artist

/ Hardworker

/ Sleeping Enough

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Animation