Jump to content


Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.


What Is This & What Can I Replace It With?

  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 roberthans


    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:13 AM



We bought our house with this (see pic - excuse the dust!) track (?) lighting already installed in our kitchen. We want to replace it with two or three (probably just two) modern glass hanging pendants, and we are hoping it can be an easy replacement and we can avoid using an electrician. I've heard there are different types of track lighting - can anybody tell from this picture what we have, whether there is a particular name for it, and what specifications I need to look for when searching for new pendants? We'll be putting in a 60 x 18 inch island below it, and we are hoping to get pendants to serve as task and decorative lighting, with dimmers if possible.
Thank you for any advice!
I didn't find the right solution from the internet.